Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Josie Maran Haul: Cleansing Oil and Wipes


Moving on to the cleansing products in my Josie Maran shopping spree, Argan Cleansing Oil, $32 for 6oz., and Bear Naked Wipes, $12 for 30 wipes. I’ve been a fan of DHC Cleansing Oil for years and this one works about as well. The biggest difference is the fragrance - this one from Josie Maran is loaded with it and that’s not such a great thing where your skin is concerned. The fragrance comes from grapefruit peel oil and not from synthetic fragrance which sounds like a good thing. Problem is that grapefruit peel oil can be extremely irritating and can cause inflammation. Lots of people have sensitivities to any citrus essential oils. Just because it’s natural doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good thing - think poison ivy! 


Unfortunately, the Bear Naked Wipes have the same potentially irritating ingredient - and in large quantities. The result is that both products smell great, but can really do a number on your skin. I had no problem with the cleansing oil, but the wipes made my lips swell and my eyes burn. The following day I awoke with itching, flaking and peeling - especially around my eyes and lips. Much as I applaud the company’s progressive consciousness (Bear Naked Wipes raise money for endangered wild life), I just can’t recommend these cleansing products. 

Keep checking back for more on Josie Maran products.

No comments:

Post a Comment