Monday, June 25, 2012

Josie Maran Haul


This spring while making one of my treasured sojourns to Sephora, I decided it was time I investigated the much hyped argan oil. I ended up purchasing quite a few Josie Maran Argan Oil products - I have trouble resisting much at Sephora. Anyway, I’ve used the products for several months now because I really wanted to give them a fair shot. 


All in all, it was a mixed bag. Some products I enjoyed, others I really disliked, but most I just found myself wondering what the big deal was. My haul included 100% Pure Argan Oil, Argan Cleansing Oil, Mini Color Stick, Argan Lip Treatment, Bear Naked Wipes, Magic Marker Lip and Cheek Stain, and Natural Volume Lip Gloss. 
I was most curious about the Argan Oil (MSRP $48 for 1.7oz) itself, due to the company’s claims about its supposed anti-aging and conditioning properties and the really cool fact that it is a fair trade product “purchased from women’s cooperatives in Morocco to support their social and economic welfare.” The company also claims that it is “clinically proven to improve hydration and elasticity in four weeks.” Sadly I found the argan oil to be nothing all that special. I don’t dispute that it will improve hydration and elasticity - any oil will do that because they are all Natural Moisturizing Factors and will halt trans-epidermal water loss leading to improved hydration. I just didn’t see any particularly impressive changes in my skin at all.  It did not cause any breakouts, though, so that’s certainly a plus.

The bottom line is that you could get the same benefits from Jojoba or Sweet Almond or Grapeseed oil purchased at a health food store for a whole lot less money.
Read more of my Josie Maran haul in upcoming posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment