Thursday, June 28, 2012

NARS New Order Highlighting Blush




One of my greatest makeup joys is trying out a new purchase from NARS. Opening one of those bold black boxes is a heady experience for me. My pulse still quickens at the sight of a NARS counter or the NARS section at Sephora! Maybe you think I’m nuts at this point, but that’s just the way it is for me. Don’t get me wrong; it’s not that I love only NARS - I’ll never be a one brand girl. I just can’t swear loyalty when there are so many gorgeous little things out there calling my name. Nonetheless, NARS will always be one of many honored favorites. 

In the Spring I happened upon a new highlighting blush from NARS called New Order. I’ve loved NARS blush for years - especially Sin. (Yes I know, that’s not the one everybody thinks of when they think NARS blush...) Somehow I managed to resist and I left it on the shelf at Sephora. For the next week I obsessed over this little item and visited it several times online. I simply couldn’t get it out of my head. (At the same time I was daydreaming about 3 other NARS items... more on that later!) As fate would have it, Beauty.com emailed about a 20% off promotion at just the right time! I was so thrilled to rip open that package when it arrived. (Does anyone else get this excited over makeup or am I the only one?)

New Order is absolutely intoxicatingly beautiful to me. The gentle pink shade infused with gold and silver shimmer particles is just so pretty. I am quite fair and the cool pink hue works with my skin tone. It may be too pale on darker complexions. Now, about the shimmer: I adore shimmer and even glitter, though I know I’m probably a bit mature to pull it off. It does verge on glittery and that may be a deal breaker for you. I’ve also used it on my eyes as a highlighter on the inner corner and the brow bone. It’s pretty, but be prepared for fall out. (My daughter asked me why I had glitter “all over my face.”) If you can handle the movement of the shimmer, you may adore this blush, as I do.

I’ve got a couple more NARS goodies and I’ll tackle them soon, so check back. 

Do you have a NARS fascination, like I do? What NARS products do you go weak in the knees for?

No comments:

Post a Comment