Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lancome Definicils Dupe

Many years ago, I fell in love with Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara. I love the neat, clean and perfectly separated, yet dramatic, intense black look of Definicils but I've never been in love with the $26.00 price tag. As an esthetician, I'm an absolute stickler for tossing out and replacing mascara every three months if not sooner. That's a lot of money for an essentially disposable item!


Enter Maybelline One by One Volum' Express. Gorgeous black pigment, beautifully separated lashes with just enough volume to give it a more dramatic look, and at $6.49 (at Target) it's quite a bargain! It has one of those rubber bristled applicators that has a lot of give to it, but it works surprisingly well. The only thing that might be a bit weird for some is the smell. It has a lot of fragrance added to it which normally would bug me, but this one is actually kind of pleasant in my opinion.  I'm sure the company added this much fragrance to mask the inherent smell of the ingredients - you know, mascaras do tend to smell kind of odd - so you may find it tolerable as I do, or it could be a deal breaker. If I had to describe it, I'd say it reminds me of honeysuckle - sweet, but not too cloying.

I'm telling you, though, this mascara performs well enough that's it's definitely worth a shot - fragrance or no. And if you happen to be a big fan of Lancome Definicils, you may find yourself a new fave!

No comments:

Post a Comment