Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hello makeup world...

Ok, so I'm new to blogging, but not new to beauty. I'm a licensed esthetician and licensed esthetics instructor - though I'm not teaching currently. I work as an esthetician in a lovely, tucked away retreat. When it comes to esthetics my great loves are facials and chemical peels. Throughout my career I've worked in every setting from tiny skin care clinic to large medical spa as well as professional trade schools, and I've found you can get the best results and fewest complications from the low tech end of the treatment spectrum - like chemical peels and cosmeceutical at home care. 


Of course what brought me to a career in esthetics was my absolute passion for makeup. When I say passion I am not even coming close to overstating it - I am a massive makeup and beauty product addict! I also love to write and actually find myself writing about my product finds in my head all the time. I'm finally creating a place to put those thoughts! Even if no one else ever reads it, at least I'm clearing out a little space in my brain. 


One of my absolute obsessions is mascara. It's one of those deserted island products for me. Can't. live. without. it.  The problem is finding the BEST one. In my opinion a mascara has got to be extremely black, lengthening and thickening with absolutely no clumping, and no flaking or smudging while you wear it. It should also not break the bank because it's one of the only beauty products you've absolutely got to replace every few months or so, right? Whereas I might spend $30 on a really great eyeshadow or amazing lip stick (cause I'm gonna keep it forever), I won't spend 30 bucks on a mascara I'm going to have to throw out soon.  


So I'm currently testing out some mascaras and will be talking about my findings very soon. Mascara is a product that I should just go ahead and identify as a "theme" on the blog because I'm always testing out new ones! Plan on seeing several.




I'm also currently looking at some lip colors from Cover Girl, Revlon, Laura Mercier, and Nars. 


Another upcoming group of products I'll be looking at: Makeup Wipes


All makeup lovers use them, pretty much, so which one's work the best without stinging your eyes or leaving your skin raw? Or do you choose a baby wipe? Let me know your thoughts and I'll share my review soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment