Tuesday, May 15, 2012

MAC Prep + Prime

Me + this product = a perfect match a long time in the making.


As an esthetician I'm always looking for a lip balm that keeps lips soft and hydrated but also works under lip color. Over the years I've collected a number of hopefuls and wanna be's but none was enough of a multi-tasker. Lots filled the bill as a hydrator, but add color to the equation and things started to go south. (No pun intended!) Slip-sliding color that wound up in unintended places, or big sacrifices in the color pay-off department. 


I'd never even considered a product calling itself a primer since I figured it would sacrifice lip comfort right off the bat. 


Enter: MAC Prep + Prime


I'm amazed at this product's performance. It goes on like a dream - hydrating and softening lips making them feel so comfortable. Top it with your favorite lip color in whatever texture you choose - gloss, stain, stick - you name it. Well that's when it really gets interesting! Your color goes on true and with the expected intensity. Then it wears that way for hours! No, your lip color isn't going to last through a slice of pizza or a chicken Caesar but it does noticeably extend lip color wear - even from a gloss or a tinted balm. 


I used it the other day under a light weight tinted balm and was stunned to look in the mirror after a full day of clients and see soft, moist, tinted lips. Yep, the color was still there along with the subtle shimmer in my balm of choice for the day. Amazing!


Ok, so that's why MAC Prep + Prime has now earned a permanent spot in my "daily essentials" makeup bag!


What "underwear" product do you choose for your lips? I'd love to hear your picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment