Monday, May 21, 2012

Laua Mercier lipstick or finding your perfect your-lips-only-better-shade

Have you ever found a perfect lip color that looks like your own lips - just "dressed?" That's what I've been in search of for an eternity. Well, it's possible that I've found it! Laura Mercier has a great line of sheer, comfortable feeling lip sticks the company calls "stick gloss." Anyway, the range of shades flatters most skin tones in very natural colors -perfect for when you want to look pulled together, but not necessarily attention grabbing. The shade that is a dead ringer for my lip tone is called Brown Sugar which is sort of a pinky rose beige with a hint of lilac and it's so lovely. Like I said, they have a good range of shades to match your lips and the barely there feel is smooth and stick-free. Even though it is called a stick gloss, it looks and is packaged like a lipstick. The only caveat I can see is that it's pricey - I paid $22.00 at a department store Laura Mercier counter. Being a total makeup junkie, it's not necessarily unlike me to pay that much for a tube of lipstick....but I do feel a wee tad bit guilty. In fact, I'm currently in the process of trying out some lower priced lipstick brands and I'll be sure and let you know if I run across anything truly noteworthy. For now I'm pleased with this not-made-up-looking shade that suits my personal lips to a tee. (Oh, I neglected to mention that I have picky lips - some lip products leave them feeling tingly or swollen or super dried out. Needless to say, this Laura Mercier product passed the moody lips test!)

No comments:

Post a Comment