Monday, May 14, 2012

OPI Nail Envy

Here's something I'm so loving right now! I've seen this product, and others like it, for years and never gave it much thought. You've seen one strengthener you've seen them all, right? Well, I couldn't have been more wrong! The back story of this is a little embarrassing. The reason I found myself needing a nail strengthener in the first place is that I succumbed to the siren song of perfect nails and got myself a set of acrylics. I'm certain that lots of folks end up with the utter gorgeousness I desired - I've seen them with my own eyes! Unfortunately I ended up with a very chunky - looking, obviously fake set of pink and whites that were uneven and pulled away from my natural nails making them look even worse. I know, I know, go to a better nail tech. Anyway, I was so mad at myself that I did my own botched removal job and, well, you can imagine the pitiful state of my nails after all of that. I honestly was missing layers and layers of my natural nails and thought for sure it would be at least 6 months before they could be restored. I picked up a bottle of OPI Original Nail Envy on a quick stop through CosmoProf about 3 weeks ago and have kept it on my nails ever since. I throw an extra coat on a couple of times a week and take it off completely once a week. After only the first week I was honestly stunned at the improvement in my nails. The missing layers were growing back and the entire surface was smoothing out. Now after 3 weeks my nails look fairly normal and they are growing and haven't peeled, chipped, or broken at all. That's a lot of abuse to heal up in such a short period of time! I haven't compared this with any other products and honestly don't think I will since my nails have done so well with this. I can say with absolute certainty that I highly recommend this to anyone whose nails need a strengthening boost - and who doesn't, really? I know they also have a variety of other formulations to address specific needs and tastes. The one I'm using is the original and it has a shiny finish, but I've seen their matte formula as well if you'd prefer no shine. 
Ok, enough on my nail rant for now! Thanks for listening....

No comments:

Post a Comment